Amy Brock is an artist who enjoys working in several mediums simultaneously, creating bold non-representational pieces. Amy’s paintings are primarily conceptual abstract works using vivid colors and gestural lines. Ranging from expressionism to figure-based art, each piece is directly affected by movement and color. Rather than presenting a factual reality, her unique perspective conjures the realms of our imagination.
Amy has two BS degrees in Organizational Management and Information Technology, as well as a Master in Public Health. In addition, she completed years of art courses, but is primarily an experimental, self-taught artist.
Amy was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 and used the experience as a creative driving force in her artwork. In addition, she began blogging about her experiences as a way to help others. Read more about finding humor in the craziness of cancer at her blog – TaTa Wars.
Amy Brock is from Chattanooga, TN. Currently, she lives in Huntsville, Alabama.
Awards & Exhibitions
- Light, Space, & Time Art’s 7th Annual Animal Exhibition, Special Recognition Award, ‘Hare’, Juniper, Florida, June 2017
- Fusion Art’s 2nd Annual Animal Kingdom Art Exhibition, ‘Block Elephant’, Palm Springs, California, May 2017
- ArtisTTable’s 25th Exhibition – Selfie, ‘Fighter’, ‘Finding Happy’, ‘Purple Kat’, ‘Captured’, Online Gallery, May 2017
- Lily Oncology on Canvas, Traveling Exhibition, ‘The Fighter’, 2014
- “Art-in-Transit” Competition for art on city buses, Finalist, Chattanooga, Tennessee, 1999